Mac and Cheese
Is a better way to use up leftover cheese in the fridge, then making Mac and Cheese. I personally love my Mac and Cheese with a crumble on top and sometimes bacon. This time I snuck in some vegetables. You never know they where there.
- 1 lb noodles, of choice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup table cream
- 1/4 cup feta cheese dip or cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cups shredded gruyere
- 3/4 cup shredded old cheddar
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- First cook your noodles (follow the directions on package). Also during the last 3-5 minutes of noodle cooking you can add some chopped vegetables. Personally I like broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots.
- Strain your pasta and set aside.
- Using a oven safe pan start making a roux by melting the butter and slowly stirring the flour into the butter until the mixture is toasted.
- Once roux is ready we'll add the table cream and cheese dip, mix until well incorporated. If mixture to thick add some water to adjust thickness.
- Next start adding the cheese, but reserve 1/4 cup of each cheese for later. Once cheese has melted and is well incorporated take off the heat.
- Combine noodles with cheese mixture and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Mix bread crumbs and the reserved cheese sprinkle on top. Then cover before putting oven.
- Cook covered for about 10 minutes, then uncovered for another 10 minutes (during the last five minutes use the broiler to get the top nice and toasty).
- Author: Kody Duncan
- Category: Quick Meals
- Views: 12
- Date Published:
- Prep: PT10M
- Cook: PT20M
- Total: PT20M
- Yield: 4 Servings